Frequently Asked Questions
Please review our FAQ listed below and contact us if you have any additional questions. Click any of the questions below to display the answer.
What is quobius.com?
Quobius is a website with information and links to help you plan and book your next golf trip.
Is it different from other golf sites?
Most golf websites sell advertising and/or pre-set packages; ours allows comparison of various destinations and the elements important to a golf trip found at those locations, then facilitates your connection directly to golf courses and hotels – more of a do-it-yourself process.
Isn’t it easier to use a tour packager?
After comparing destination, course and accommodation information at Quobius you can still buy a packaged tour, but your cheapest and most flexible route is probably dealing directly with hotels offering their best rate guarantees and local golf specials.
Does using Quobius add to the cost of my trip?
No, the cost of your golf or accommodation is the same with or without using our website links.
Do I have to be a golfer to use Quobius?
No, any traveler can benefit from the non-golf information and hotel links.
Why are some golf courses and hotels not listed?
They did not meet the standard even to be listed as ‘caution’; if we have missed any that should be listed please let us know through Contact. Also, small bed & breakfast accommodation is not included.
Where do your ratings come from?
Our ratings are derived from well accepted existing sources and are then modified by certain amenity standards; golf ratings are further modified by input from local pros.
What do the colored ratings mean?
- Golf: criteria such as length, difficulty and facilities are considered along with course quality (9 hole courses are ‘caution’ no matter what their quality may be)
- Hotels: beyond quality, amenities including an outdoor pool, restaurant and bar are important.
- Cost: currently, the ‘best’ rating is less than $40 for golf and $60 for accommodation.
- Nightlife: based on area population and hotel concentration.
- Weather: perfect is 77°F with no rain.
- Access: 50 miles is the furthest you should travel for even the ‘best’ courses, 40 for ‘good’, 25 for ‘fair’ and 15 for ‘caution’.
Why are some golf spots not listed?
In order to qualify as a ‘destination’ a city/town must have at least 3 full size golf courses within 25 miles (justifying a long-weekend trip). The largest or most golf-important place in a region is the name given to the 'destination'.
How do I access the information at Quobius?
- Home: mouse-over a destination name for quick info.
- Rankings: compare destinations for golf/cost/nightlife/monthly weather ratings.
- Destinations: use weather statistics to find the best time to travel, choose an area to see accommodation listed by quality/amenities and golf listed by nearest access, click on a golf or hotel name to link to their website.
Some hotels are listed but not linked; why?
Not all hotels are affiliated with Quobius but are still listed and rated without prejudice.
What about privacy?
Other than cookies (commonly used by most sites you visit) our site does not gather or use any information about you or your computer, and there are no risky advertising pop-ups; when linking to a golf course or hotel you should check their privacy policies.